Tuesday 26 January 2010

Hello

I have thus far resisted having a 'Blog', there's something pathetic and self-congratulatory about thinking that people will care enough to read it, and I continue to stand by that, naked, under the glaring floodlights of hypocrisy.

I write on here for three reasons. 1) It makes me feel more important and influential than I will probably ever be. 2) It allows me to express my opinions without having to bore my friends and family with them and therefore allows me to feel that I have 'done my bit' to set the world to rights. 3) It gives me an outlet so that I don't have to rip my own face off at the withering 'injustice of it all'. Which is, incidentally, the tragic name I gave to this blog when I couldn't think of anything more insightful (also, my preferred name was already taken - http://talkingofmichelangelo.blogspot.com/ - posts include 'sweeney todd. how can you not think johnny depp is great?
sex & the city. kinda fun on a big screen. all those manolos.
reign over me. this movie joined my all-time top 5 before i even finished watching it. seriously'. Judge that for yourselves.) I have since changed the name to the eminently less embarrassing 'sifting the shit'.

You won't find anything personal here. That would be awful. Instead i'll just toss out my thoughts on the things that interest me (religion, politics, philosophy, the environment, society and the human condition etc.) into the uncaring void. Some music/book/film stuff might leak into it as well.

I take an interest in language and writing, so part of the challenge for me is making things fun/interesting/cutting etc. I hope I achieve at least some degree of success.

When I write things I think them. That doesn't mean I still think them. A lot of the things I have written are wrong, inane, twee, pretentious, arrogant, etc. The list is endless. I thought they were good at the time. Just take them as points of interest.

I'll begin as I mean to go on. By uploading a load of stuff I've already written.

No comments:

Post a Comment