Thursday 28 January 2010

Delingpole fail

James Delingpole, perhaps the most annoying person ever (after Glenn Beck), ran a pretty vicious article yesterday, which has since been removed (presumably on legal grounds), which, in its vitriol, published the full name and address of a man who wrote the following letter to his local MP:

"Dear Edwin Northover

I was concerned to note the results of a survey of 140 Conservative candidates for parliament that suggested that climate change came right at the bottom of their priorities for government action.
I hope you can reassure me that you recognise the importance and success of climate change action by the UK government at home and internationally.
Can you clarify that:
You accept that climate change is caused by human activity?
Do you support the target to achieve 15% renewable energy by 2020?
Do you support the EU imposing tougher regulation to combat climate change?

Kind Regards, *** ***"

As a result, the gentleman concerned received a large amount of abuse at his home.

George Monbiot covers the story here.

I then emailed James Delingpole, which can be done here, and wrote the following:

"Dear James,

I was just writing to ask for your telephone number and home address, so that I can post them on the internet. That way, all the people who think you're a complete moron can let you know. I thought this only fair.

Yours in expectation,

David Grocott"

I would encourage anyone else to do the same.

UPDATE: Delingpole has now posted an apology here.

No comments:

Post a Comment